FINAL COURSE CAPSTONE

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Thank You!

My most passionate hope for my future as an early childhood professional is to continue teaching, but move to a younger age level. Our schools no longer recognize kindergarten as an Early Childhood Setting. We have been moving away from the best strategies for younger learners, and kindergarten looks more like first grade. We have little to no time to form and maintain relationships with our families. It breaks   my heart. In order to establish these relationships and remember the most appropriate strategies for this age group, I would like to teach younger students.

I would like to thank all of those who have traveled the Masters Journey with me. Life has been an up and down for me during this entire process, and quite honestly I am amazed that I made it through. From my house flooding and living in a hotel for months, to being evaluated under a new administration with incredibly rigorous standards, to having my daughter experience treatment for anxiety about not being able to breath or eat, to then later have surgery to remove adenoids to having my sister committed to a psychiatric facility twice for depression and suicidal behaviors. Life this year has been rough. Really rough! But I’m thhhhhhiiisss close to being finished! I thank you all for partnering with me as we work through the courses and this program.

I wish the best for all of you. I am hoping that you all find your passion!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Julz,

    I am so happy that you managed to get through the course with all you had to endure. God was on your side and he will keep helping you through everything no matter how tough the issues may be. I have enjoyed reading your post on the blogs and the discussion board as well. I wish you well and keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julz,
    Welcome back! Haven't seen anything from you in a while. Glad to hear you are doing well, despite what you've been through. This has been a wonderful journey with you and the rest of our colleagues, and I wish you all the best! Have a wonderful holiday, and I hope things continue to get better for you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that's scary (and me with a 3 year old). I like the Russian method of starting formal school at age 7!

    ReplyDelete