FINAL COURSE CAPSTONE

Monday, April 18, 2016

Our Last Class...We Made It!


 
 
Three Deeply Felt Learnings

Children deserve their teachers to know not only their curriculum, but the learning methods and styles of each child. Children change and grow, as do their learning styles. Teachers need to pay attention to those changes!

 

Teachers should write scholarly essays, even if they aren’t in graduate school. Organizing our thoughts while using research is the perfect way to enhance an idea.

 

If you like what you do, it is not as hard as one thinks... I truly like my students, and knowing that the relationship I have with them, impacts their future, gives me joy! My students are more like nieces and nephews than “just students”

 

 

One long-term goal

·         My one goal is to publish an article in an early childhood resource

 

 

To Dr. Embree,

I appreciate your dedication to our challenges and making them the best they can be. Your ability to drive our papers/challenges was truly helpful to me and others. I learned so much about my own passion for the early childhood profession while working through my challenge. I realize now more than ever, that I want to be an advocate, but stay in the classroom. I don’t truly want to “become” something else in order to drive my passion. I want to make the most impact with the students that are placed in my care.

 

Thank you to all of my classmates who offered scholarly based information, and added positive messages on my blog. I hope you all find your passion in the field, whether it’s teaching, coaching, advocating or some other professional aspect of early childhood education.

 

This journey was hard for me. In September my home flooded and I had to live in a hotel until December. My daughter had to have emergency surgery in December as well. Just after her surgery she had the first palate expander and braces placed. In January, my other daughter began falling and went through a series of tests to find out she has complete right sided double vision. She is now in vision therapy once a week, and may have surgery this summer. Last week I found out that my new principal decided to move me from Kindergarten to third grade. After 17 years at my school, I will have to leave my school. I simply cannot adjust the type of thinking that type of professional would require. So this year has been tough. Really tough! But today, I am so proud of myself. And proud of all of you too. I am sure you all had some type of struggle that set you back, or made life difficult. We made it Ya’ll! We did it. After countless papers, discussions and blog posts, we did it. I hope you all check back into this blog, as I am going to keep it going and add in some family stuff too! I will check on you all as well. Congrats to you all!

Julianne Green
personal email masparkles@gmail.com
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Julianne,

    Thank you for sharing. You are correct, we have all went through some challenges this year. Since December, I have experienced two miscarriages and I have had to watch my seven-year-old get excited about being a big brother only to have to figure out the words to say when I told him it was not going to happen. I wish you and your girls the best. Thank you for your words of encouragement and dedication that you showed not only to your own success but to all of us too. I am a strong believer in the fact that God doesn’t but more on you than you can handle. So, for the last 17 years, he has groomed you into the strong person you are to prepare you for your new school and group of children as they need you at this season in your life. Congratulations on your accomplishment. I too will keep my blog going and add some family stuff as it is always good to put a face with a name.

    Neketha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julianne,
    I commend you for overcoming all the obstacles you have this past year to complete this program! I thought my fall/winter was crazy, but nothing compared to your's! I have enjoyed learning from you throughout this program! Although change is sometimes hard, look at the positives of it! I know you will be successful teaching 3rd grade! Best of luck in the future!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Julianne, we have something in common. I lost our home to a fire in 2006, but it did not happen while I was in school. You deserve all of the credit for completing your graduate program. Hats off to you! And with some help and great guidance from Dr. Embree, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julianne,
    It has been an absolute pleasure working with you on our degree. Many of your quotes above are favorites of mine too. We all have the drive that's for sure. Now I can't wait to see what we do moving forward. I hope that we all keep in touch, continue to follow each others blogs and post our progress. You have all been a blessing to me on this journey, with your discussion posts, replies, blogs and knowledge shared. Dr.Embree was such an amazing final professor in our Masters degree path. I couldn't have asked for a more exceptional teacher and guide. Best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to you for overcoming the adversities in your life and completing this program. I thoroughly enjoying reading your discussion posts and responding to them. The quotes you posted on this blog are so inspiring. Thank you! All the best!

    ReplyDelete