FINAL COURSE CAPSTONE

Monday, June 22, 2015

Goals, Hopes, and Thank You!



 
One hope that I have when thinking about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds is to maintain momentum and the commitment to learning and advocating for children of diverse backgrounds.

                                              

One goal you would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice (any format and any length)

I have a million professional goals running around in my head. Sometimes I want to continue my education, sometimes I want to work with younger students, sometimes I want to work in the advocacy arena of early childhood. With each new article and study we review my goals change a bit. That is the beauty of continuing our education, we learn of more opportunity available to us!

I would like to thank each of you for working with me throughout this course. I have enjoyed learning about you and look forward to seeing you in our last classes together. We are very close!

Have a great summer and keep on, keepin’ on!!

3 comments:

  1. Julianne,
    Thank you for everything throughout this class. i have enjoyed reading your posts and learning from you. I wish you the best as you continue on this journey, and that you are able to achieve your professional goals! Like yo stated, my goals are constantly changing as well and I continue to learn more and more about the early childhood field. Thanks for everything and enjoy the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julianne,
    I too have several goals for the early childhood field, but my main goal is to create a culturally-diverse atmosphere in the classroom so that children can learn about the different cultures of their classmates, as well as feel comfortable with their own. Thank you so much for all you have contributed to this course, and I noticed that you are also in my Communications class, so I will see you on Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julianne,

    I love your blog! It is so fresh and animated and motivating! Thank you for your posts! I have enjoyed all of them!

    I like what you said about keeping momentum! I find it is difficult to stay enthusiastic ALL the time! But to keep the momentum going of being sensitive and welcoming to all is very important! Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete