FINAL COURSE CAPSTONE

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Communication

Hello to my new classmates!
This week we are asked to present someone who has a communication style that we appreciate. I don't watch a lot of television so my main source of news and entertainment is the internet.
One place I get my information is a Youtube channel called TheLipTV.  They parent documentary reviews and news stories.  One of the shows on that show is called Crime Time.   Allison Hope Wiener is the shows main presenter and her presentation method is one that I appreciate. She often speaks of criminal cases and she never uses judgment in her narrative.  She is an attorney so she also knows what she is speaking about and uses case law, previous cases, and evidence to present her point of view. She has a keen sense of humor and brings on many guests who are leaders in the field.

3 comments:

  1. Julianne,
    Great post! Avoiding judgmental language is so important for effective communication, because one should never degrade another person or judge him or her on what they say. It is also important to share your own point-of-view and provide evidence to support your theory, because that not only proves that you know what you're talking about, but it also lets others understand your point-of-view. Mutual understanding is an important component of effective communication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julianne,
    Greatly posted and great ideas. I don't have TV at home, so I don’t watch TV at all. You posted the YouTube website that I can watch on my computer. It is great communication. Communication has always been important to all of us. We use it to share important information, share our personal point of views, and so on. Until today, we are still struggling to really understand one another’ feelings, thoughts and messages. I hope taking communication class can improve our communication, so that we can support the children in the field of education.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Great example. I like that she is able to present her information and to use reliable sources to back it up. I was just talking about this in the media segment this week. Great post!

    ReplyDelete