FINAL COURSE CAPSTONE

Saturday, November 30, 2013

COURSE RESOURCES

  • NAEYC. (2009). Developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood programs serving children from birth through age 8. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/dap

  • NAEYC. (2009). Where we stand on child abuse prevention. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/ChildAbuseStand.pdf

  • NAEYC. (2009). Where we stand on school readiness. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/Readiness.pdf

  • NAEYC. (2009). Where we stand on responding to linguistic and cultural diversity. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/diversity.pdf

  • NAEYC. (2003). Early childhood curriculum, assessment, and program evaluation: Building an effective, accountable system in programs for children birth through age 8. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/pscape.pdf

  • NAEYC. (2009, April). Early childhood inclusion: A summary. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/DEC_NAEYC_ECSummary_A.pdf

  • Zero to Three: National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families. (2010). Infant-toddler policy agenda. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://main.zerotothree.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ter_pub_infanttodller

  • FPG Child Development Institute. (2006, September). Evidence-based practice empowers early childhood professionals and families. (FPG Snapshot, No. 33). Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://community.fpg.unc.edu/sites/community.fpg.unc.edu/files/imce/documents/FPG_Snapshot_N33_EvidenceBasedPractice_09-2006.pdf



  • ***************************************
    Global Support for Children's Rights and Well-Being



    Selected Early Childhood Organizations

    Selected Professional Journals Available in the Walden Library
    Tip: Use the A-to-Z e-journal list to search for specific journal titles. (Go to "How Do I...?", select "Tips for Specific Formats and Resources," and then "e-journals" to find this search interface.)

    • YC Young Children
    • Childhood
    • Journal of Child & Family Studies
    • Child Study Journal
    • Multicultural Education
    • Early Childhood Education Journal
    • Journal of Early Childhood Research
    • International Journal of Early Childhood
    • Early Childhood Research Quarterly
    • Developmental Psychology
    • Social Studies
    • Maternal & Child Health Journal
    • International Journal of Early Years Education


    ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:

    Pinterest: Although many may not see this as a resource, instructionally I find it valuable. There are many teacher sites that are wonderful.

    BLACKBOARD: The county that I work in has a specific site for our instructional staff and I spend a lot of time on there.

    YOUTUBE: This is the single best place to find instructional songs for use in the classroom. I create and share a monthly playlist for my team. We couldn't afford to purchase every song we need, so it is great for us!




      6 comments:

      1. I love that you listed Pinterest and YouTube as resources. My staff use Pinterest frequently to find ideas for activities and lesson plans. Sometimes it offers the "spark" that they need to come up with their own unique ideas. In regard to YouTube, I have used it to find therapy techniques for my daughter and I increasingly use it to figure out songs that my son and daughter bring home from preschool and kindergarten, such as the color word songs and the Silly Snake song. This has helped me to make a connection with what they are learning at school,

        ReplyDelete
      2. while also extending that learning to home.

        Sorry- I hit reply too soon! : )

        ReplyDelete
      3. Pinterest and YouTube are excellent resources. I didn't think of them, while doing this research assignment, but I use them often. I find a lot of short stories and animated children books for the children to see as a follow-up activity with story time. The most recent was the "King with Dirty Feet." The students enjoyed viewing it immediately after a read-aloud; it added a visual to help them add meaning to the story. Pinterest is great tool to enhance teacher ideas and bulletin board ideas.

        Another resource that I didn't think about and failed to add to my list of resources is teacherspayteachers.com. It offers a wealth of resources for teachers, and allow teachers to make money by selling their ideas, lesson plans, worksheets, assessment tools, etc. You can post your ideas to help other teachers and make money at the same time.

        Tabitha Abney

        ReplyDelete
      4. I am very familiar with both Youtube and Pinerest. Pinerest is one that always pop up when I am researching for educational help. I often use it for ideas. I also use Youtube for children music and the how to make different crafts. I used it a few weeks ago to learn how to make slime during my sensory exploration.

        ReplyDelete
      5. I am so glad that Pinterest was mentioned! I use it a lot when I find weak spots in my curriculum that might need a bright, new, fun idea. Also, as mentioned above, I frequently see an idea that "sparks" a new one that might be more relevant to my current class.

        ReplyDelete
      6. Pinterest is one of the best in that it leads you to the websites of other teachers. I don't keep a school website since there are privacy issues that I am concerned with, but I do enjoy seeing and connecting with what other teachers are doing across the country.

        ReplyDelete